Grier at L6 convention, in 2009.
Born Pamela Suzette Grier
May 26, 1949 (age 63)
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
Years active 1969–present
Pamela Suzette “Pam” Grier (born May 26, 1949) is an American actress. She became famous in the early 1970s, after starring in a string of moderately successful women in prison and blaxploitation films such as 1974’s Foxy Brown. Her career was revitalized in 1997 after her appearance in Quentin Tarantino’s film Jackie Brown.
She received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress. She has also been nominated for a SAG as well as a Satellite Award for her performance in the iconic film Jackie Brown. She received an Emmy Award nomination for her work in an Animated Program Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child. Rotten Tomatoes has ranked her as the second Greatest Female Action Heroine in film history. Director Quentin Tarantino remarked that she may have been cinema’s first female action star.
- Bella Donna: Pam Grier (bellasugar.com)
- Tarantino On Pam Grier In ‘XX’ Retrospective: ‘I Wanted To Be Josef Von Sternberg’ To Her Dietrich’ (movieline.com)
- ‘Tarantino XX: 8-Film Collection’ Art: Pam Grier As Jackie Brown (EXCLUSIVE) (news.moviefone.com)
- It’s a Cult Movie Halloween: Foxy Brown (bellasugar.com)
- Blu-ray Review: XOXO For ‘Tarantino XX’ (geek-news.mtv.com)
- ‘Tarantino XX’: Exclusive Clip From Blu-ray Special Features (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- RZA Releases Short Animated Prequel To “The Man With The Iron Fists” (goodblacknews.org)
- Best of Bella, 8/26 (bellasugar.com)
- TARANTINO XX: 8-FILM COLLECTION – Trailer (geektyrant.com)
- TARANTINO XX Blu-ray Review (geektyrant.com)