Daisy Fuentes in 2009
Born November 17, 1966 (age 46)
Occupation Model and Hostess
Known for First Latina MTV VJ
Daisy Fuentes (born November 17, 1966) is a Cuban – television host, model, and comedian. Daisy Fuentes broke barriers as MTV’s first Latina VJ (Signed to MTV and MTV Latin America simultaneously), and as Revlon’s first Latina spokesperson to be signed to a worldwide contract.
Fuentes was born in Havana, Cuba to a Cuban father and Spanish mother. When Fuentes was three years old, her family fled the island due to political turmoil and moved to Madrid, Spain. Fuentes learned to speak English while watching I Love Lucy episodes. Soon thereafter, she moved with her family to Harrison, New Jersey, where she attended Harrison High School, was voted Homecoming Queen, and “BEST LOOKING”, and graduated class of ’84. Fuentes started modeling during her senior year in high school. An aspiring hairstylist, she enrolled in cosmetology school with dreams of opening her own salon. While studying communications at Bergen Community College, she was hired as the weather-girl for WNJU-TV, the Telemundo New York affiliate station. Shortly after, she moved on to New York’s Univision affiliate where she became the weather anchor and reporter for the evening news.
- Daisy Fuentes to Launch Another Fragrance (bellasugar.com)
- Will You Buy Daisy Fuentes’ New Hair Care Line? (bellasugar.com)
- Daisy Fuentes launches LUXHAIR WOW (nglc.biz)
- Daisy Fuentes Style Evolution: From ’90s MTV VJ To Deal-Making Business Lady (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Daisy Fuentes Partners With Aderans Hair Goods for New Wig Collection (shoppingblog.com)
- Daisy Fuentes Announces Partnership With Aderans Hair Goods For The Launch Of New Wig Collection (thehotspotorlando.com)
- StyleBlazer On The Scene: Getting Wiggy With LuxHair Wigs Inspired by Daisy Fuentes, Tabatha Coffey & Sherri Shepherd (styleblazer.com)
- Are You Tired of Celebrity Fragrances? (bellasugar.com)
- S.Cotabato gov calls off review of Tampakan mine (rappler.com)
- Daisy Fuentes Announces Partnership With Aderans Hair Goods For The Launch Of New Wig Collection (sacbee.com)