ACCESSORIES, BABY PINK, CANDY COLOURS, CORAL, DRESSES, FLOWER APPLICATIONS, PASTEL, REISS SS13, SHOPPING TIPS, STREET STYLE, SUMMER, THE FLAMBOYANTE
WEARING IT: REISS SS13 FOR YOU
Flames! My stay in London did not just have the sole purpose to attend the London Collections:Men – there was something else that I already had impatiently been waiting to show you. I was granted the great honour to model the Spring/Summer 13 collection by iconic and modern British fashion house REISS for my blog!
In my last preview of the SS 13 lookbook I made no secret of how fond I am of the collection- which is dominated by candy hues and pastel colours like baby pink, coral and sky blue with contrasting khaki and tomatoe tones, that add depth and a certain grown-up-ness – exactly the shades of my dreams. Stylish, wearable, directional, with a subtle sexiness, is what REISS wear always meant to me since I discovered the label in 2006. It was interesting to hear, that the company, which launched in 1971 started producing women’s clothing only in 2000!
Experiencing the quality and softness of the fabrics, which were floaty and silky and felt luxurious yet comfortable against the skin (mainly tencel -very light viscose – and silk were used for the dresses, blouses and shirts) made this a valuable experience. The down side of this experience is that I am left way more indecisive about what I would love to get for myself and this summer (thinking that obviously I won’t be able to have it all….;) ) When it comes to tayloring, I’d always rely on Reiss designs and it seems that the design team behind it all exactly knows what a young women living in a buzzing world metropole wanst: sophisticated – chic – effortless. Don’t you just love it when you throw on a dress and instantly look like the well dressed , self confident woman you are?
via WEARING IT: REISS SS13 FOR YOU | TheFlamboyante. [FOR FULL ARTICLE]
- THE EARLY BIRD SPIES ON REISS ” theflamboyante – Re-Blog (netflowers.wordpress.com)
- A FLAMBOYANT RETROSPECTIVE ” theflamboyante – REBLOG (netflowers.wordpress.com)
- Youthful Colorful Fashion – The Alannah Hill SS13 Lookbook is Pretty and Full of Pastels (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Mary Katrantzou’s SS13 collection is taking stamp collecting to a whole new level (itsnicethat.com)
- Press Day SS13… (vintagereflection.wordpress.com)
- Avant Garde Club Fashion – Sorapol SS13 is Strikingly Unique and Offbeat (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Jigsaw menswear SS13 ‘A lesson in Hockney’ (aizakbuyondo.com)
- Making It Work: Haute Couture versus Ready To Wear (informedstyle.com)
- The ‘Kate Effect’ overstated due to Duchess’s thriftiness (telegraph.co.uk)
- SS11 Fashion is going to be BIG! (simplybeblog.co.uk)