Monica Bellucci praises Italian style
Updated: 22:00, Thursday November 15, 2012
Monica Bellucci thinks Italian women are style icons because they exude a sense of femininity and elegance.
Monica said: ‘I think it’s more a feminity that Italian women have. I grew up in Perugia, Umbria, in a world outside of fashion, so I didn’t learn about it until I was older and moved away. In Milan the women are really into fashion and all the big fashion brands are based there, but I don’t think they feel pressure to look good all the time.
‘Italian women take care of themselves; they have a special relationship with beauty and in Milan it’s even more exaggerated. The style there is more elegant and conservative compared to Rome.’
The 48-year-old beauty has become the face of fashion house Dolce and Gabbana after first modelling for them aged 25, and thinks the deal symbolises fierce Italian loyalty and a mutual appreciation of sensual, curvy women.
Monica told Stylist magazine: ‘It’s amazing. It’s a faithful Italian story of love and friendship: the important things in life. I stayed with them and we’ve stuck together after all these years. When we do photo shoots, it’s not work; it’s like having fun with my friends creating beautiful pictures together. As Mediterraneans we have the same ideal of beauty.
- Monica Bellucci praises Italian style (bigpondnews.com)
- Monica Bellucci is impressed by her kids (contactmusic.com)
- Monica Bellucci praises Italian style (contactmusic.com)
- What We’re Sweet On: Monica Bellucci’s Lipstick (bellasugar.com)
- Monica Bellucci looks radiant at the Cartier store re-opening in Milan (myfacehunter.com)
- Icon: Monica Bellucci (thisgirlcandothejob.com)
- Monica Bellucci: Brazilian BBQ with Vincent Cassel! (justjared.com)
- Monica Bellucci: I have Italian DNA (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Monica Bellucci opens Cartier’s refitted Milano flagship (lucire.com)
- Natalie Portman Gets a New Deal With Dior (bellasugar.com)