Rachel Weisz – From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Weisz in 2012 at the Deauville American Film Festival
Born Rachel Hannah Weisz
7 March 1970 (age 42)
Alma mater Cambridge University
Occupation Actress, Fashion Model
Years active 1992–present
Spouse(s) Daniel Craig (2011–present)
Partner(s) Darren Aronofsky (2002–2010)
Rachel Hannah Weisz ( /ˈvaɪs/ / vice /; born 7 March 1970) is an English film and theatre actress and former fashion model. She started her acting career at Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where she co-founded the theatrical group Cambridge Talking Tongues. The group was awarded the Student Drama Award for the improvised piece Slight Possession during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe by The Guardian.
Weisz started working in television, appearing in Inspector Morse, the British mini-series Scarlet and Black, and the television film Advocates II. She made her film début in the film Death Machine (1994), but her breakthrough role came in the film Chain Reaction (1996), leading to a high-profile role as Evelyn Carnahan-O’Connell in the films The Mummy (1999) and The Mummy Returns (2001). Other notable films featuring Weisz are Enemy at the Gates, About a Boy, Constantine, The Fountain and The Constant Gardener, for which she received an Academy Award, a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors’ Guild award for her supporting role as Tessa Quayle. She has been labelled an “English rose” since her minor role in Stealing Beauty (1996).
Weisz also works in theatre. Her stage breakthrough was the 1994 revival of Noël Coward’s play Design for Living, which earned her the London Critics Circle Award for the most promising newcomer. Weisz’s performances also include the 1999 Donmar Warehouse production of Tennessee Williams” Suddenly Last Summer, and their 2009 revival of A Streetcar Named Desire. Her portrayal of Blanche DuBois in the latter play earned her the Critics’ Circle Theatre Award for Best Actress.
- 2009 Cannes Film Festival: Rachel Weisz (fabsugar.com)
- Love It or Hate It? Rachel Weisz’s Bloomin’ Look (bellasugar.com)
- Oscars Red Carpet: Rachel Weisz (fabsugar.com)
- Rachel Weisz Latest Star to Get Banned by the ASA (bellasugar.com)
- Rachel Weisz – Rachel Weisz’s Bourne Legacy Difficulty (contactmusic.com)
- Rachel Weisz: ‘Bourne Legacy’ France Premiere with Jeremy Renner! (justjared.com)
- Rachel Weisz – Rachel Weisz Cut From Malick’s New Film – Report (contactmusic.com)
- Film: Newswire: Terrence Malick cuts Rachel Weisz and a whole bunch of other people from his next movie (avclub.com)
- Rachel Weisz – Rachel Weisz: Actresses Are Sexier Than Actors (contactmusic.com)
- Natalie Portman Might Play Jackie Kennedy In A New Biopic (pinkisthenewblog.com)