10 hours ago | Huffington Post | See recent Huffington Post news »
Los Angeles — Natalie Wood’s death certificate has been changed to reflect some of the uncertainties and lingering questions surrounding the actress’ drowning more than 30 years ago in the Pacific Ocean off Southern California.
The document was amended earlier this month and shifts Wood’s death from an accidental drowning to “drowning and other undetermined factors,” according to a copy of the certificate obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press.
The amended document also now states that the circumstances of how Wood ended up in the waters off Catalina Island in November 1981 are “not clearly established.”
The changes occurred nine months after sheriff’s homicide investigators renewed their inquiry into Wood’s death shortly before its 30th anniversary.
Chief of Detectives William McSweeney said the decision to amend the death certificate was ultimately made by the coroner’s office, which has been instructed by detectives not to discuss the case. “I would just say undetermined is descriptive, »
- Natalie Wood’s death certificate amended (wptv.com)
- AP: Natalie Wood’s Death Certificate Amended By Coroner (deadline.com)
- Natalie Wood’s death certificate changed to reflect new uncertainty (oddonion.com)
- Natalie Wood’s Cause of Death Changed to ‘Undetermined’ (hollywood.com)
- Natalie Wood’s Death Certificate Amended! Cause Of Death Now “Undetermined!” (perezhilton.com)
- Report: Coroner To Change Natalie Wood’s Cause Of Death (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Natalie Wood’s Death Certificate Changed From “Accident” To “Undetermined” (wibw.com)
- Natalie Wood’s death certificate changed from ‘Accident’ to ‘undetermined’ 31 years after alcohol-fuelled party left actress dead (dailymail.co.uk)
- Natalie Wood’s cause of death changed from ‘accident’ to ‘undetermined,’ report says (abclocal.go.com)
- Natalie Wood’s death certificate changed from “accident” to “undetermined” – CBS News (cbsnews.com)